About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated individual to our team that fits with our culture of having the following characteristics: good judgment, effective communication, natural curiosity, sense of urgency, focused passion, intelligence, and empathy. This position has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify itself as a leading Immunology-focused research service provider.
Position Description: Human Resource Assistant & Office Manager
The Human Resource Assistant & Office Manager role will serve a dual role providing support to the Human Resources Manager and attending to the operational needs of the office. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the HR function and obtain experience managing the office of a Contract Research Organization, allowing the candidate to leverage this experience for future roles in either Human Resources or general office/lab administration.
The Human Resource Assistant & Office Manager will work independently, after an initial training period. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager and will work directly with a wide range of individuals including senior management and other team members. This individual must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organization skills, excellent communication skills, and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the expectations of the role consistently expanding.
Human Resources Assistant duties
Recruiting/Onboarding & Offboarding
- Posting/maintaining job postings (as needed when there is a job opening).
- Assisting with implementation of the Applicant Tracking System (templates, questionnaires, and data
entry) – one time initiative.
- Performing initial resume screenings and sending candidate template emails (as needed when hiring).
- Scheduling candidate interviews and reference calls (as needed when hiring).
- Entering background check information into Checkr (as needed when hiring).
- Collecting new hire paperwork (as needed when onboarding).
- Entering new hire information into E-Verify (as needed when onboarding).
- Onboarding & offboarding in HRIS system (as needed when onboarding/offboarding).
- Onboarding set up: completing IT forms, coordinating buddy program, and preparing new hire kits (as
- Scheduling one-on-one and other corporate meetings (weekly).
- Updating Human Resources calendar and corporate calendar with key dates/holidays (quarterly).
- Assisting employees with scheduling conference rooms (weekly).
- Ordering employee gifts and facilitating greeting card signature and delivery: sympathy gifts,
anniversary, wedding, etc. (occasionally/as needed).
- Ordering monthly birthday cakes (monthly).
- Selecting and purchasing company swag (biannually/as needed).
- Shopping for the office/kitchen (weekly).
General HR Administrative duties
- Sending reminder emails regarding events and deadlines (daily to weekly).
- Planning and executing events – team building, and corporate holiday parties & outings, including sign
ups/RSVPs, shopping, decorations, food, and set up/clean up (weekly to monthly, depending).
- Preparing and administering employee surveys (quarterly, as needed).
- Answering simple HR inquires (daily).
- Booking employee, candidate, consultant, and client/vendor travel arrangements (infrequently, as
- Issuing key fobs (weekly/as needed).
- Distributing visitor badges and COVID screening forms (as needed).
- Maintaining and updating the office bulletin boards (monthly).
- Updating employee rights pamphlets/posters in Dropbox (annually).
- Performing data updates and filing electronic HR paperwork (weekly).
- Updating/destroying records (annually).
- Tracking and scheduling trainings (as needed).
- Updating the Handbook based on policy changes as directed by Senior HR leadership (annually).
- Serving as a liaison with property management/facilities (weekly).
- Opening and scanning mail and depositing checks (daily).
- Decorating the office for holidays (as needed).
- Assisting with any other HR duties as requested by the HR Manager (daily).
Office Manager duties:
General Administrative duties
- Answering phones, routing calls, and opening the main door for deliveries (daily).
- Selecting the restaurant, sending the DoorDash link, and ordering daily lunch for on-site employees
- Managing the breakroom – inventory checks, ordering, restocking, and tidying up, emptying the
refrigerator, and unloading the dishwasher (daily to weekly).
- Cleaning and refilling the coffee machine (daily).
- Ordering office supplies and general office purchasing in addition to inventory stock checking and
ordering for general lab operations for the Cellular Products and Bioservices teams (weekly).
- Misc. administrate tasks as required by senior management (daily to weekly)
- Contacting and following up with building management regarding issues (after consultation with
Facilities team) (as needed).
- Issuing and maintaining records of office keys (as needed).
- Ordering business cards (occasionally).
- Creating FedEx labels for shipments (as needed).
- Calling or emailing vendors for delivery status (if necessary/urgent), information, or to report any
issues (e.g. received damaged item) (as needed).
- Tracking and sending email follow-ups to obtain promised documentation from vendors (weekly).
- Occasional projects to search on-line (Google) for pricing and/or requesting quotes (as needed).
Data Entry/Database Organization
- Daily scanning/uploading documents to appropriate team folders (daily).
- Data entry of donor information into internal database (as needed).
- Associates degree in Business, Human Resources, or applicable field of study.
- Professional demeanor and appearance and an excellent written and verbal communicator.
- 1 to 2 years of previous HR and/or administrative experience.
- Strong organizational skills with amazing attention to detail.
- Willing collaborator.
- Great note taking and information retention skills.
- Strong numerical aptitude.
- Ability to secure and work with confidential information.
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment adapt at juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Creative and dedicated to improving the employee experience through excellent party planning &
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and applications (namely Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite. Internet savvy.
- Experience with HR and payroll software a plus.
- Technical experience with biotech, startup, or pharmaceutical companies a plus.
- Must be able to work on-site from our lab location in Alameda, from 8:30AM – 5:00PM Mondays
- Full time, non-exempt (hourly) position subject to FLSA and California overtime regulations.
- May require occasional night and/or weekend work.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K with employer match (after 90 days introductory period), paid holidays,
PTO and free lunch/snacks.
To apply, please submit your application via the form below. Alternatively, you can email your resume and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org