About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated individual to our team, who aligns with our culture, and has the following characteristics: good judgment, effective communication, natural curiosity, sense of urgency, focused passion, intelligence, and empathy. This role has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify its position as the leading World Provider of Quality Cellular Products and Immunology focused research service provider.
Position Description: Laboratory Operations Associate (01)
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for taking a lead role in managing and/or performing administrative and general laboratory operations with a focus on shipping/receiving temperature-sensitive products.
This position will work closely with the Bioservices, Cellular Products and Business Operations groups. For the Cellular Products group, you will work closely with the Product Manager, responsible for preparing shipments for our primary cell products, as well as receiving, cataloging, and retrieving reagents or internal products for experiments. For the Business Operations group, you will work closely with the Business Operations Associates and Business Development group to facilitate the proper logistical and supply chain management processes to support and to enable Bioservices or Cellular Product projects, request business or vendor related quotes, equipment purchases and maintenance, and appropriate inventory management systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to follow basic protocols and retain knowledge through diligent notetaking, working independently and collaboratively. This would entail working closely with our operations manager to continuously improve the efficiency of our lab operations. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for an individual to learn the basics of laboratory management and business operations of a biotechnology company.
- Responsible for shipping/preparing temperature-sensitive shipments (i.e. on dry ice or cold packs).
- This includes preparing and reviewing documentation required for product shipments, documentation for international shipping documents, packing slips, shipping labels, and other shipping documents.
- Regularly handles dry ice and liquid nitrogen.
- Responsible for receiving and monitoring client task articles or lab reagents for usage and tracking within our LIMS system.
- Management and execution of project tasks within Zoho One Suite as needed.
- Ensures accuracy of received items.
- Determines/differentiates the different types of reagents received and stores appropriately based on temperature storage requirements.
- Performs freezer audits.
- Updating and maintaining chemical and SDS inventory and other EH&S documentation.
- Updating and generating as needed laboratory standard operating procedures.
- Inventory stock checking and ordering of general laboratory and office supplies. Works closely with Cellular Products and Bioservices teams to update inventory restock levels as needed.
- Miscellaneous facility tasks as assigned, coordinating with other teams as needs arise.
- Support role for tracking general lab, facility, and equipment maintenance. This includes scheduling and/or performing equipment PMs/calibrations/repairs, and decontamination cleanings.
- Checking all equipment at the start and end of each day to ensure operability.
- Bead/water bath cleaning, freezer ice scraping or defrosting.
- Weekly water level checks for incubator and water baths.
- Light cleaning (e.g. dusting top of freezers, mopping minor water spills, etc.).
- Daily dry ice, liquid nitrogen and CO2 level checks. Manually fill liquid nitrogen tanks as needed. Contacts vendors to coordinate and schedule regular and ad-hoc deliveries.
- Monitor freezer and refrigerator real-time temperature alerts and immediately address issues.
- Resolves equipment issues through reviewing of manufacturer user manuals or by contacting the manufacturer.
- Maintaining and organizing common laboratory work area, consumables, and equipment.
- Monitoring and consolidating laboratory waste as needed.
- Washing and maintaining lab-ware.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds approximately 0 or 1 to 3 times per day/shift.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 20 pounds approximately 10 to 20 times per day/shift.
- Activity: Lifting Large Shipping Boxes and a small 30L Liquid Nitrogen Dewar
- Frequency: 1-3 times per day
- Item Dimensions: 18”H x 12”W x 13”D
- Weight: 50 lbs
- Starting Height: 43”
- Finish Height: 0″
- Distance from Body: 5″
- Activity: Lifting a 30L Liquid Nitrogen Dewar
- Frequency: 0-3 times per day
- Item Dimensions: 24”H x 18”W x 18”D
- Weight: 50 lbs
- Starting Height: 0″
- Finish Height: 24″
- Distance from Body: 5″
- Activity: Lifting Liquid Nitrogen Racks or Boxes
- Frequency: 10-20 times per day
- Item Dimensions: 33” H x 6” W x 6”D
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Starting Grip Height: 43″
- Finish Grip Height: 60″
- Distance from Body: 14″
- Must be able to stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must comply with laboratory policies and procedures.
- B.A. or B.S. with 1-3 years of experience, preferably in a startup biotech environment.
- Organized and proactive in all aspects of work. Keeps detailed records of lab work.
- Highly adaptive and flexible with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work as a member of a small team is key. Commit and contribute to a high functioning team of enthusiastic, collaborative, supportive individuals.
- Ability to work independently after initial training period.
- General computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working within a rigorous, quality control environment.
- A strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear “multiple hats”, to perform a wide range of tasks (from menial to analytical) within a dynamic environment, and to support overall goals established for the area.
- Experience with software-based inventory management systems, specific experience with Zoho One software a plus.
- Must be able to work on-site from our lab location in Alameda, from 8:00AM – 4:30PM Mondays
- Full time, non-exempt (hourly) position subject to FLSA and California overtime regulations.
- May require occasional night and/or weekend work.
- Starting hourly range $26 to $30.00 per hour depending on experience level. Hourly range for position
$26 to $33 per hour.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K with employer match (after 90 days introductory period), paid holidays,
PTO, and free lunch/snacks.
To apply, please submit your application via the form below. Alternatively, you can email your resume and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org