About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated individual to our team that fits with our culture of having the following characteristics: good judgment, effective communication, natural curiosity, senses urgency, focused passion, intelligence, and empathy. This role has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify its position as the leading World Provider of Quality Cellular Products and Immunology focused research service provider.
Position Description: Laboratory Operations Associate
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for taking a lead role in managing and/or performing administrative and general laboratory operations.
This position will work closely with the Bioservices, Cellular Products and Business Operations groups. For the Cellular Products group, you will work closely with the Product Manager to be responsible for lab ordering/restocking, preparing shipments for our primary cell products, as well as receiving, cataloging, and retrieving reagents or internal products for experiments. For the Business Operations group, you will work closely with the Business Operations Associates and Business Development group to facilitate the proper logistical and supply chain management processes to support and to enable Bioservices or Cellular Product projects, request business or vendor related quotes, equipment purchases and maintenance, and appropriate inventory management systems.
The ideal candidate will be able to follow basic protocols and retain knowledge through diligent notetaking in order to work independently and in a group setting. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for an individual to learn the basics of cell biology with exposure opportunities to the learn how to manage laboratory and business operations of a biotechnology company.
- Receiving and monitoring client test articles or reagents for usage.
- Shipping/preparing temperature-sensitive shipments (i.e. on dry ice or cold packs). This includes preparing documentation required for cryopreserved product shipments, such as Certificates of Analysis, packing slips, shipping labels, and regularly working with dry ice and liquid nitrogen.
- Cryopreserving cells using a biosafety cabinet hood with aseptic techniques.
- Thawing/counting cells, creating labels, and depositing/retrieving cells to/from liquid nitrogen.
- Monitoring internal inventory levels to support production.
- Manage inventory levels to set and maintain safety stocks and lead times.
- Prepare and present inventory, and supply reports to management.
- Assist in identifying and resolving inventory discrepancies during regular audits.
- Follow-up, track, and expedite goods/services purchases to meet production schedules.
- Updating data in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) such as product processing, quality control, inventory status and more.
- Maintenance of consumable inventory (ordering, inventory adjustments, receiving/documenting, and put away)
- Management and execution of project tasks within Zoho One suite.
- Management of General Lab, Facility and Equipment Maintenance (Equipment PMs, calibrations, repairs, etc.)
- Contacting vendors for ad hoc replenishment of dry ice, liquid nitrogen, or CO2.
- Customer service and vendor management.
- Track and manage supplier delivery schedules and resolve supply issues.
- Obtain internal approvals; document and communicate PO changes to suppliers.
- Request quotes; negotiate purchase terms, delivery schedules, and performance measurement with suppliers.
- Identify alternate sources for components with better cost/quality/delivery.
- Provide input and assists in the implementation of efficiency improvements in all purchasing functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintaining records of materials, prices, frozen products inventories and deliveries.
- Maintaining and organizing laboratory work area, consumables, and equipment.
- Monitoring and consolidating laboratory waste as needed.
- Keeping chemical and SDS inventory up to date.
- Washing and maintaining lab-ware.
- Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 40 pounds approximately 1 to 3 times per day/shift. Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 20 pounds approximately 10 to 20 times per day/shift.
- Activity: Lifting Large Shipping Boxes
- Frequency: 1-3 times per day
- Item Dimensions: 18″H x 12″W x 13″D
- Weight: 40 lbs
- Starting Height: 43”
- Finish Height: 0″
- Distance from Body: 5″
- Activity: Lifting Liquid Nitrogen Racks or Boxes
- Frequency: 10-20 times per day
- Item Dimensions: 33″H x 6″W x 6″D
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Starting Grip Height: 43″
- Finish Grip Height: 60″
- Distance from Body: 14″
- Must be able to stand and walk continuously throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must comply with laboratory policies and procedures.
- B.A. or B.S. with 1-3 years of experience, preferably in a startup biotech environment.
- Organized and proactive in all aspects of work. Keeps detailed records of lab work.
- Highly adaptive and flexible with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with tissue culture techniques a plus.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work as a member of a small team is key. Commit and contribute to a high functioning team of enthusiastic, collaborative, supportive individuals.
- Ability to work independently after initial training period.
- General computer literacy, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience working within a rigorous, quality control environment.
- A strong team player with the demonstrated abilities and willingness to wear “multiple hats”, to perform a wide range of tasks (from menial to analytical) within a dynamic environment, and to support overall goals established for the area.
- Experienced with software-based inventory management systems-specific experience with Zoho One software a plus.
To apply, please submit your application via the form below. Alternatively, you can email your resume and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org