About iQ Biosciences
iQ Biosciences provides focused research support to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and diagnostic industries in the form of intelligent research services and quality biospecimens. We go beyond being reliable – we excel at being a trusted partner in the biomedical community to help cure disease. iQ Biosciences is entering a dynamic growth phase and is looking to add an outstanding, highly motivated team player who aligns with our company culture and possesses the following characteristics: good judgment, communication, impact, curiosity, innovation, passion, honesty, and selflessness. This position has high growth potential opportunities as the company continues to build and solidify its Bioservices division as a leading Immunology focused research service provider. Golden opportunity to learn about the many diverse approaches that drug development companies, from start-ups to big pharma, are taking to improve human health in the immuno-oncology space and beyond.
Position Description: Scientist I – Bioservices
This is a 100% lab-based position and the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the design and execution of immunoassays and cell-based assays in the area of therapeutic antibody or small molecules for research, preclinical, and early drug development projects, with future opportunity to lead a team in the lab. This is an internal-facing position requiring clear communication with colleagues. This position requires knowledge of cellular immunology, immuno-oncology, therapeutics of various modalities (i.e. small molecule, biologics, cell-based (CAR-T), etc.) and associated lab skills (i.e. flow cytometry, tissue culture, cell-based assays, etc.). The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, while adhering to existing standards/protocols, and possess skills sufficient for executing and interpreting assay results, in addition to handling a workload consisting of multiple client projects in various stages, internal scheduling, coordination with colleagues, potential for management of other iQ team members, and potential for communications with clients including emails and meetings. In addition, the candidate will also support the cellular products group and other teams (Web & Marketing, proposals, etc.).
- Serve as project leader, plan, and execute studies as they apply for different contract research projects.
- Independently manage logistics of study implementation, including: ordering of required reagents, performance of in vitro experiments, data analysis, PowerPoint summaries, and client debriefs.
- Design and perform high throughput in vitro, ex vivo, and cell-based assays (ADCP, ADCC, ADC, CDC, direct and cross-linking induced apoptosis assays, CRAs, ELISA, AlphaLISA) related to functional characterization of therapeutics (primarily antibody-based, but including other modalities as well).
- Perform complex primary cell functional assays (Non-antigen specific & Antigen specific Recall Assays, Natural cytotoxicity assays, Mixed Lymphocyte Reaction Assays).
- Perform complex multi-color flow cytometry, including panel design, cell staining, data acquisition, and analysis.
- Participate in the recruitment, evaluation, training, goal-setting and management of new Bioservices hires.
- Lead scientific portion of client intro calls and data debrief meetings, as well as communicate directly with clients via video-conferencing or email to coordinate studies, answer questions, and send updates and data summaries.
- Isolation and characterization of primary immune cells from murine tissues/tumors and/or human blood and cryopreservation methods.
- Ensure the review of protocols with team to ensure proper study execution, verify protocol designs are properly updated before initiation and assure raw data has been properly processed.
- Stay abreast of new developments in the field through independent literature review and attendance at scientific conferences.
- Perform general maintenance and cleaning of laboratory equipment.
- Inventory, re-stock & order supplies, and track in accordance with set quarterly/annual budgets.
- Prepare and present materials for scientific, business, patent, and external client meetings.
- Ability to lead and mentor Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. level Scientists directly and in a matrix setting.
- Must be proactive in all aspects of work.
- Must be able to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be highly adaptive and flexible.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues based on data, experience, and literature.
- Receiving & monitoring client test articles for usage.
- Maintaining records of client-related materials.
- Communicate with vendors and technicians.
- Utilize project management software (Zoho) and inventory system (LIMS).
- B.S. with 10 years’ experience, M.S. with 5 years’ experience, or Ph.D. with 1 year in the areas of Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Previous flow cytometry experience is required. At least 1 year, preferably 3+ years of experience.
- 2+ years pharmaceutical/biotech research experience and familiarity with preclinical drug discovery and/or translational research preferred.
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work as a member of a small team is key. Commit and contribute to a high functioning team of enthusiastic, collaborative, and supportive individuals.
To apply, please submit your application via the form below. Alternatively, you can email your resume and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org